Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Story of Teratak FZH

Alhamdulillah!

The kitchen minor-renovation, is over. Alhamdulillah!It resolves the space issue. And of course, it fulfills my dreams, our dreams.

After bundle of cleaning job done, at last the house is back to normal (every single inch of the house & all furniture are dusty. Thick dust! We have to wash & polish everything!).

Now, I owned a lovely kitchen of mine with lot of storage area to store my cookingware, the appliances and the stock. Plus, there is new heavy duty countertop that for sure not to deform as the melamine board before.

What we did to our kitchen?

1. Changing countertop to provides durable working area.
Since the previous countertop was installed by the previous owner somewhere 10 years ago, it deforms as it dissolves water. The material is melamine board. So, we decided to opt for heavy duty countertop. End up, we choosed 2'x2' homogeneous tiles.

2. Built door at wet kitchen cabinet to provides more storage area.
Before this, it is opened. No door. So, everything we put under the cabinet (at wet kitchen), can be seen. I put rack for pot & pan, the gas container, and my hubby's car thingy. So with the door, we can cover the unpleasant view. Plus, I can arrange better inside. For this, we decided sliding tinted glass door with aluminum frame.

Also, we put up stack in the cabinet (at dry kitchen) for serving dish storage. It also gives me extra storage area.

I rarely bought...but all are my wedding/anniversary presents. I got it all...oven, microwave, corningware/arcopal sets. All are presents. For sure, this needs a lot of space for storage. Alhamdulillah, Teratak FZH that we bought 2 years ago are with built-in kitchen cabinet. So, what we need to do is to arrange wisely to optimize the space utilization.

3. Make-up the kitchen cabinet's door.
We cleaned up the surface of cabinet door, and to put on new wallpaper for inviting and pleasant look of the kitchen.New-look & fresh! I guess this is for make-up only...not essential one. No. 1 & 2 is the essential & critical one :D.Oh...this one (no.3) we do not do yet. Anytime whenever free maybe!

In addition, we rearranged the kids' room and stor cabinet to maximize the usage of the cabinet. Firstly, instead of the kids garments in stor cabinet which is located at center of the house, we put boxes of rarely-used-things inside. the set of serving dish/glasses that I mentioned above.

So, we moved the kids clothes to the closet inside the kids' room.

Now, the kids' room is really theirs. As the clothes in, we also relocated the desktop computer. Rather than in Bilik Solat, we moved into the kids' room. So, in the kids' room...there are bed, computer, toys, and books (mini-library). Oh yes, we just committed to buy mini-library for the kids. The GROLIER set. Nufayl is so attracted with the book esp Barney set. Of courselah, he is so much on Barney.

Actually, we got the GROLIER set during SMART KIDS last weekend. No, we didn't go there on the weekend (we are too busy during weekends). We just stop by on Friday morning. We have surveyed the education set for the kids since 2 years ago. And during the SMART KIDS Fair, we just commit to buy it.

In the GROLIER Mini-Library set, there is :
















1. Words, Words, Words - 4 vol
2. Story A Day - 4 vol
3. I Wonder Why - 24 vol
4. Disney's Children Encyclopedia - 24 vol








In addition to that, we got some free-gifts (which worth RM hundreds) :

1. Barney book set - 18 vol
2. Mathematic book set - 6 vol
3. Jigsaw book set - 5 vol
4. Super Sing Along (CD & Book) - 1 vol
5. Disney Back Pack Bag - 1 vol
6. Rack - 1 vol
7. 99 Ways To Raise Your Child Self Esteem - 1 vol

This is one-off purchase for long-term. A gift to all our children. Everybody can use it. Just praying that Nufayl/Nuha/their bros and sis are not going to tear them off. We are going to educate them (hopefully so!).

So, now its Nufayl's room (Nuha not yet aa..heheh). He has it all. To watch VCD (usually Barney, Cicakman or now, new-bought-Education VCD A-Star). Now, it becomes our duty to train him slowly, and to excavate his passionate towards reading.

Oh, back to Nufayl's story. In the age of 2 1/2 years, now he can already control the mouse and play simple game in A-STAR VCD. After a preview of colour (in Game of Colour), he can choose the right answer already. We actually don't persuade him. We just offer, and he chooses to. I think, at this stage he loves to learn. So, slowly we show him the way. Nufayl also know the right way to hold CD, put the CD inside the track.

~~~~~

Errr...new-look & enhanced kitchen cabinet. Means that I have to cook more oftenlah ek?! I love too! I love cooking. Inside my head, lot of plan for my family. But, nowadays I always caught in fatigued and exhausted.

After long day at work, and back at home usually during Maghrib time...I always tired. Since back to work after delivering Nuha I guess.
Before my 2nd pregnancy (Nuha), cooking is routine for me after getting back from work. My husband prefers eating at home. But during expecting to Nuha and my allergic towards kitchen's smell...I reduced my kitchen activity. Had to. No choice, or else I down for all day.
After Nuha delivered, during my maternity leave-still ok...can cope with her & her bro. But after back to work, I easily fatigue. Maybe because Nuha is still breastfeeding (full breastfeeding when with me). Sometimes, at evening she just don't want to let me go. Melekat saja. Before this we opted to buy outside or sometimes dining out.

Weekends, before this...to many thing to do during weekends. After this pun, we already have weekend plans until end of May. hehehe...I think I have to slot in anytime to give the best for the family.

Errm... I think my husband expectation is higher after this I guess. Can be manageable if I have extra energy.


How aaa???


What I practice is do'a & tasbih.

1. "Allahumma inni 'a'uzubika minal hammi wal hazan, wa na'uzubika minal 'ajzi wal kasal, wa na'uzubika minal jubni wal bukhli, wa na'uzubika min ghalabatiddaini wa qahri rijal."

2. Tasbih Fatimah (Subhanallah 33x, Alhamdulillah 33x, Allahu Akbar 33x everytime after Solat & before going to sleep).

It works everytime I use it (with 100% yaqeen in heart). But our iman "yazid wa yanquss", sometimes I forgot to practice it. Due to my weaknesses perhaps. I always remind myself not to miss out this tasbih & do'a to ensure I got quality of life.

But, anyhow...do you have OTHER TIPS to maintain energetic life after long day at work? Yet to entertain the kids, the stomach & the husband?Hmmm...




~~~
Exhausted but happy Mom & Wife, who always trying to give the best to the family
(mampu ke?)

No comments: