Tuesday, June 05, 2007

My Chocolate Chips!

[credit to Ika, who shared the recipe with me long time ago. just tried!]

It was a long weekend. Outing? Big no no!
He was exhausted. Long day rest. Saturday, we took our time doing house chores. He actually painted Bilik Solat, I took time entertaining the kids, cooking, etc etc.

Sunday.
We expected to have a really rest day also. But ALLAH's plan...turned the other way round.
Morning, after we have our simple breakfast (some cucur with tea), I planned to start baking my cookies. However, you know kids never let us to! Hmm...never mind, after all they are our 'permata hati'. After 2 hours, layan-layan si permata hati, I started to prepare the things & mix it up at 12.30 noon (selepas tenggekkan nasi dlm periuk-masak-sendiri-nya) . Alhamdulillah, every went well except Ika spoilt the recipe! ehehehhe
(Ika, tak marah pun. Saja je...nak tulih nama Ika).
;) What did I bake? Ok...later I'll story keyh!

After baking the 1st tray, I just fry the tofu, make the egg-oyster sauce. Ok...my vege meal ready. Then, tumis bawang & cili, put some sotong & kicap.
Our lunch ready. Had simple lunch...with baking tray in & out of the oven. So, I had my rest-afternoon with 10 minutes gap...going to & out of the kitchen. With only 1 tray, I finished baking at 12.00 am! Fuhh!!! (tu pun, stop baking masa masak makan malam...sbb ada tamu kat rumah.) Never mind...I did it for leisure...no tension-tension keyh!

Nasib baiklah cookies tu sedap. Kalau tidak..tensi jugak.
Oklah, this cookies recipe got 5 star from me. Oh yes, this recipe...I got from Ika (thanks Ika!).
Chocolate Chips (F*m**s A**s)...the taste really like F*m**s A**s. The crunchy part & the taste of chocolate. I love it!
Except the sleepy Ika said the chocolate has to be double-boiled instead of just cut it small, I think its ok. And, if I will make the cookies again, I won't put baking powder & soda bicarbonat as much as stated in the recipe. It just melt during baking & become crunchy after baked. (I'm not worry since Ika also experience it).
;) So, I add on more flour instead. But it turned a bit hard...a bit..not too hard.

With 1 recipe, I successfully managed to get 4 balang kuih raya & 1 big tupperware.
Today, 1 balang for my dear husband & 1 balang for me - bekal to office.
And...errr...as I finished writing this, I finished mine at office.

Upssssss!!!

No comments: